Project Director, New Parallel Runway Project
Brisbane Airport Corporation
Currently under construction, Brisbane Airport’s $1.35-billion parallel runway project will consist of a new 3,300-metre runway and over 12 kilometres of taxiways and airfield infrastructure. Upon completion in 2020, Brisbane Airport will have doubled in capacity to accommodate future growth to 50 million passengers per year.
Paul will highlight the approach to:
- Designing and building a runway on soft alluvial soils;
- Interaction with airlines and the air navigation provider in the new airfield layout;
- Value for money analysis of initial vs long term build;
- Contractor procurement and contractual strategies;
- Project Governance;
- Environmental and community management.